Wednesday, March 4, 2009

U-Blog 4

After experience at Heritage Lowman Home training session last week on 2/25/2009, I had a lot of fun working with the adult learners. The training session is about creating an email account and showing the adult learners the steps of using their email. When working with the adult learners, I notice that they were dedicated and determined. I was very impressed that the adult learners learn these materials so fast. At the end of the training session, I gave my email address to one of the adult learner in case if she has any questions about computer. Once again, this experience was fun and I can't wait to go back there again.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that there wasn't any difficulty dealing with the group. It's also a good thing to hear that they learn so fast. Hopefully our group's session will go as smoothly.

    Were there any big hang-ups with the session? I know you've said everything went smoothly overall, but did anything happen to slow down the process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed teaching senior citizens. I have had some experience in training adults but not older adults. Next week will be my first time teaching older people about computer related material. What did you find that helped you and your students the most in teaching? Was there any problems you ran into that could have been prevent if you knew about it before hand? With your help, I can be better prepared in my lesson plan next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool you gave them your address. I suppose that is a good way of encouraging them to use the new communication tool they have now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds good that you enjoyed the training session.My group will be doing a presentation there on e-cards and I cant wait to work with the adults learners.It will be a good experience.

    ReplyDelete